University of Texas – Tyler, Hibbs Institute for Business & Economic Research
Hibbs Institute for Business & Economic Researcha
University of Texas-Tyler
3900 University Blvd
Tyler, Tx 75799
- Hibbs Brief, frequent one-page analysis of current issues.
- Hibbs Outlook, a newsletter with economic, statistic and business performance indicators for the region.
- Hibbs Whitepapers, a technical report on a topic of interest to East Texas.
- Speaking engagements with regional civic clubs.
- Regional economic data for 23-county East Texas Region
- Tyler Region
- Longview Region
- Texarkana Region
- Expert project evaluation or cost-benefit analysis for businesses and governments needing more expertise or independent analysis of a proposed project.
- Economic impact studies. Economic impact analyses measure how industries and institutions are linked by the intermediate inputs they provide one another to produce the final output in a given economy, capturing all rounds of inter-industry/institutional relationships that constitute the production processes in a given economy.
- Business Contribution Analysis. A study that illustrates the gross changes in a region’s existing economy that can be attributed to a given industry. These studies can also be described as determining “what you’d be missing all over the region” if our industry did not exist.