AUBER Fall Conference
October 22-25, 2016
The 2016 AUBER Fall Conference will explore the theme of “Local Heroes: Understanding Regional Supply Chains and Economic Development,” drawing on the example of the Northwest Arkansas economy, home to Walmart, Tyson Foods, and J.B. Hunt Transportation. The meeting will also focus on economic data solutions, best practices for regional indicators, developments in economic impact modeling and the secrets to running a successful regional business and economic center.
The conference will take place at the Chancellor Hotel in downtown Fayetteville, Arkansas and will feature an excursion to bustling downtown Bentonville, Arkansas and a tour of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, including Frank Lloyd Wright’s Bachman-Wilson house.
NEW THIS YEAR: Paul Polzin Prize for Best Paper
- The paper’s lead author must be an individual AUBER member at the time of the Fall Conference or be employed at an AUBER member unit whose membership is in good standing. (Fall Conference registration fees include a one-year membership for non-AUBER members who submit papers for consideration)
- The paper must be presented on a panel at the Fall Conference
- The paper should be prepared in academic format (APA or other commonly accepted scholarly style)
- Because the purpose is to encourage new work, submissions should not have been previously published or accepted for publication.
- September 1, 2016
Submit one copy of your paper by email as a PDF attachment, without identifying author information, to Bruce Kellison (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline.
The winning paper will be announced at the AUBER Fall Conference.
Make plans to join us in Fayetteville, Arkansas for the 2016 AUBER Fall Conference!
James Bullard, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Matthew Waller, Dean, Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas
Wesley Kemp, President & CEO (Retired), ABF Freight System, Inc.
Sean Snaith, Director, Institute for Economic Competitiveness, University of Central Florida
Keith Taylor, Data Desk Coordinator (FRED), Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
James Bullard, president & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, will give a keynote presentation.
Participate in discussions on a wide range of topics in applied economics:
- Improving economic forecasting techniques
- Measuring workforce development initiatives
- Undertaking economic impact studies
- Displaying complex data and concepts using visualization tools
Contact Kathy Deck, email@example.com
2016 Fall Conference Host and Director of the Center for Business and Economic Research, Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas