AUBER Fall Conference 2017
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The conference will take place at the historic Hotel Andaluz in downtown Albuquerque. The hotel’s decor incorporates Spanish and Moroccan colonial influences and was restored almost a decade ago, bringing new life to one of the Southwest’s iconic buildings.
Pre-Conference Workshop on Federal Reserve Economic Data
During a pre-conference workshop, Keith Taylor, coordinator of the Data Desk in the Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, will offer tips and tricks on using FRED (Federal Reserve Economic Data), an online database consisting of more than 385,000 data time series from 80 national, international, public, and private sources.
Tour of Acoma Pueblo “Sky City”
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to explore some of New Mexico’s culture and history through a tour of Acoma Pueblo Sky City, which was built atop a sheer-walled, 367-foot sandstone bluff in a valley studded with sacred, towering monoliths. Since 1150 A.D., Acoma Pueblo has earned the reputation as the oldest continuously inhabited community in North America. The mesa-top settlement is known worldwide for its unique art and rich culture and was the 28th Historical Site to be named by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and was recently voted as the best Native American experience by USA Today 10 Best.
Paul Polzin Prize for Best Paper
- The paper’s lead author must be an individual AUBER member at the time of the Fall Conference or be employed at an AUBER member unit whose membership is in good standing. (Fall Conference registration fees include a one-year membership for non-AUBER members who submit papers for consideration)
- The paper must be presented on a panel at the Fall Conference
- The paper should be prepared in academic format (APA or other commonly accepted scholarly style)
- Because the purpose is to encourage new work, submissions should not have been previously published or accepted for publication.
- September 1, 2017
Submit one copy of your paper by email as a PDF attachment, without identifying author information, to Bruce Kellison (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline.
The winning paper will be announced at the AUBER Fall Conference.
- Jesus Canas, Business Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Rajeev Dhawan, Director of the Economic Forecasting Center, Georgia State University.
- John Fleck, Professor of Practice in Water Policy and Governance, University of New Mexico Department of Economics and director of the university’s Water Resources Program.
- Katharine Jacobs, director of the Center for Climate Adaptation Science and Solutions (CCASS) and professor in the department of soil, water and environmental science at the University of Arizona.
- Craig White, acting Provost of the University of New Mexico
Contact Lee Reynis, lareynis
Make plans to join us in Albuquerque, New Mexico for the 2017 Fall Conference.