AUBER Leadership 2022-2023
AUBER Elects New Board Officers and Directors
– PRESS RELEASE NOV. 2, 2022 – PENSACOLA BEACH, FL –
The Association for University Business and Economic Research recognized its newly elected board officers and directors in October at its fall conference in Pensacola Beach, Florida. AUBER is a professional association of economic research centers at universities and organizations across the U.S.; its 75th annual conference was hosted by the Haas Center at the University of West Florida.
Jennifer Green, Jacksonville State University, joins AUBER’s presidential track as vice president. She previously served three years on the board of directors. New elects to the board are Nicole Gislason, University of West Florida; Marc Schaffer, St. Norbert College; and Raymond Sfeir, Chapman University.
“I am happy to welcome these new members to AUBER leadership,” said John Deskins, president 2021-2022. “[This organization] is invaluable in terms of its ability to bring our research centers together and help us collaborate and learn from each other. These new men and women will be excellent at further strengthening AUBER.”
Michael Hicks, Ball State University, was confirmed for a fifth year as secretary-treasurer. The position has a term limit of 10 years.
Leaving the board of directors after four years of service are James McCafferty, Western Washington University; and Fred Treyz, Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI)
Patrick Barkey, University of Montana, also exits the board after serving as secretary-treasurer 2008-2018 and presidential positions 2008-2022.
AUBER Leadership for 2022-2023:
- President – Juliette Tennert, chief financial officer, Utah System of Higher Education
- President-Elect – Brian Lewandowski, executive director of the Business Research Division, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
- Vice President – Jennifer Green, director of the Center for Economic Development and Business Research, Jacksonville State University
- Past President – John Deskins, director of the Bureau of Business and Economic Research and assistant dean of outreach and engagement, College of Business and Economics, West Virginia University
- Secretary-Treasurer – Michael Hicks, director of the Center for Business and Economic Research, Ball State University
- Board 2022-2025 – Nicole Gislason, executive director of the Haas Center, University of West Florida; Marc Schaffer, director of the Center for Business and Economic Analysis, St. Norbert College; and Raymond Sfeir, director of the A. Gary Anderson Center for Economic Research, Chapman University
- Board 2021-2024 – Rajeev Dhawan, director of the Economic Forecasting Center, Georgia State University; Vanessa Fry, interim director of the Idaho Policy Institute, Boise State University; and Eric Thompson, director of the Bureau of Business Research, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Board 2019-2023* – Robert Godby, deputy director of the Center for Energy Regulation and Policy and acting associate dean of the Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources, University of Wyoming; Bruce Kellison, director of the Bureau of Business Research, IC2 Institute, University of Texas at Austin; and Valorie Rice, business information specialist for the Economic and Business Research Center, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona.
- * Note: The 2019-2022 term was extended to 2023 due to COVID pandemic
For a complete list of AUBER board members and their bios, please visit: https://auber.org/about/leadership